Who is authorized to sign contracts?
A. University policy clearly states that, only the President, Provost, VP for Finance & Treasurer, and the Procurement Services Office delegated by the VP for Finance, have the authority to enter the Catholic University of America into a signed contract agreement. Departments and their employees do not have the authority to sign contracts or act as agents of the University, regardless of the dollar amount. An individual in violation of the above is personally liable for all commitments owed to the supplier, monetary and otherwise.
Why must the legal department review a contract before it's signed?
A. The Office of the General Counsel, as well as the Risk Management Office, assist Procurement Services in assessing whether it is in the University's best interest to enter into a contract by identifying terms and conditions that could potentially increase the University's liability.
I have a Purchase Order that needs prepayment, what is the procedure?
A. The PCard can be used to pre-pay and secure any purchase up to $2,500 in a single transaction.
How do I receive a Purchase Order in the Cardinal Financial System?
- Login to Cardinal Financials, click on 'Receive Goods" in the left menu, the page automatically defaults to the "Add a New Value" tab, and will assign the next number in sequence (there is no need to change any information on the page).
- Click the "Add" button. Enter the PO ID number in the box to the right of "ID" and click "Search".
- The page will automatically list the quantity ordered in the "Receipt Qty" and "Accept Qty" fields. If all items were received and accepted, proceed to save the panel by clicking "Save". If you ordered more than one item, and not all were received, then enter the number of items received in the "Receipt Qty" box.
- Notice that a Receipt ID number will then be assigned and the "Receipt Status" changes to "Received".
- If you don't know the PO number, click Search. Based on the Date Range and Ship To address, available PO's will be retrieved by Cardinal Financials.
My requisition is still pending, what can I do to get it approved?
A. Why it might still be pending - things to check:
- Make sure you checked the budget.
- Check Approve Amounts for the requisition. If completed successfully, the following message should appear: "No Matching Values were found".
- Check Approve Chartfields for the requisition. If completed successfully, the following message should appear: "No Matching Values were found".
- If you have successfully completed all of the above and your requisition is still pending, please contact Procurement at x5044.
What do I do when I have a problem with my copier?
Submit a help desk ticket email@example.com
How do I place a service call for my copier?
How do I register my unit?
Ways to register your copier:
- You can go directly to www.ricohdirect.com and register your unit.
- If you would like Ricoh to register your unit for you, please send an e-mail to Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number and e-mail address. Also, please include the serial number of your unit, which is posted on the front of your unit.
How do I get supplies for my new unit?
Call 1-800-432-9787 to order your supplies or you can order them online at www.ricohdirect.com. Your unit must be registered first. See above for instructions. Your toner and staples are free. Each department is responsible for their own paper.
What I need to know before moving, or relocating my copier?
You must contact Ricoh USA before a copier can be moved, or relocated. Only a Ricoh technician are authorized to move copiers.
Who do I call for training?
Call Ricoh at 703-698-6748.
Do I need to turn-off my copier at the end of the work day?
No, these units are equipped with an "Energy Star" feature, which powers the unit down when it's not in use. The copier automatically powers up once a key is touched, or a document is placed in the feeder.
Who is the University Account Representative at Ricoh?
Susan Clayman, she can be reached at 703-698-6748, or email@example.com.
Who is the preferred University supplier for office products?
A. Although the University has negotiated agreements with several vendors, the primary vendor is Staples Advantage.
How do I get a Staples Account?
A. Click on the attached link and follow the instructions --> Stapleslink.com
Office of Strategic Sourcing and Business Services
Where is the Office of Strategic Sourcing and Business Services?
A. Our office is located at the Leahy Hall LL40 620 Michigan Avenue, Washington, DC 20064. You may also reach us at 202.319.5044 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org